Wednesday, March 25

My Friend "Sam"


S
weet as fragrant roses

`Tis to have a friend

On whom in gloom or sunshine
We know we can depend

Nineteenth-Century
Calling Card





"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing."
-I Corinthians 13:1-3






What do you think about when you think about what a friend is? I really never thought about it honestly. Then the Lord brought "Sam" into my life. We met online actually, over ten years ago on a Lupus message board. I am not sure how she does all she does. She and her husband own and operate a home maintenance and repair business in the high desert. They are also starting a non-profit business making home repairs for the elderly, poor and disabled of the high desert communities. "Sam"also does many people's taxes this time of year. She cooks like the best southern cook. She has gifted many, donated, large appliances to people in need. I have never met a more compassionate, selfless person. I am blessed to call her my friend...my best friend. I love her so much. She adds warmth to the cottage. She and her family are a part of our family and will forever be. God knew why we needed to be friends and we try to edify Him in His gift to us of our friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment