Monday, March 30

Give all of your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you. I Peter 5:7


His care for us is truly amazing. I really cannot even fathom the breadth of the care He has for us! I see His hand in my life in every aspect. He protects, prospers and preserves me now and forever! What a promise we have in Jesus. As we come upon the celebration of His resurrection, Easter, I stand in awe of the sacrifice He made in dying on the cross so that we may spend eternity with Him in heaven. My sins no longer counted against me because He died to cover them! In that I know I have a responsibility to live for Him; To be a witness of His love and to share His ways with those I know and love! Thank you Jesus for my family and my friends! I count them as beautiful blooms in my life garden. I love to see them grow and flourish in the sprinklings of your word in their lives. Your love abounds!

This day as I can reflect on the weekend and smile because it was spent with my kids and grand children. Friday, Breanne, Nicole, the kids and Megan Fox, a sweet friend from the camp, and I spent all day and night at Disneyland. We had so much fun. I felt a bit bad because Breanne had to open on Saturday morning and we got her home after one a.m. . She was very concerned that Wookie was left at home all day an night! he was really OK.

Saturday I was left alone at home for several hours while Bob and Garrett went to have the oil changed in the car and Nicole, Megan, Dillon and Emmy went shopping for clothes for Garrett. My job was to "rest". I did, of course. I rested while I read my new Taste of Home magazine. I rested while I chose the desserts I wanted to bake for our evening meal. I rested while I called Bob with additions to the grocery list and again while I took out and organized the ingredients for the wonderful chocolate, raspberry, almond cake and yummy coconut meringue pie I made :)

We had beef stroganoff, green salad and garlic bread for dinner. Brian and I were left to make the final preparations while Bob and Nicole walked a few times around the block. (Nicole is on a mission to get her dad in shape). Emmy was soooo cute as she stood on the porch and watched as they left with her brothers and she had to stay home. She did not cry at all. She just followed them on the walkway until she ran out of cement. Then she came back in the house and "helped" her daddy and I prepare dinner. At one point she opend the pantry door and brought our a paper bowl and a bag of cereal. She was appearently going to make her own little snack!

We all ate in the dining room... one of my favorite places in our home! After dinner we watched Madagascar II with the babe's and munched on the yummy cake. Very fun. Breanne and Chris stayed home this day because she had to work and since we kept her up all night the night before she needed to sleep!

Sunday we went to church and after as the Shaw's and Papa went to have a picnic at the Phelan park, I went with "Sam" to Orange County to see her daughter and her boyfriend. I got a call from Nicole while gone, telling me that Emmy had fallen on a rock and lacerated her forehead. Oh my heart!! I hated that I was so far away. Emmy was really fine. The kids ended up taking her to the fire station where paramedics steri stripped her wound. She was actually sleeping while they did it lol! She is a funny kid :) "Sam" and I had a nice visit but didn't get to touch the sand of our beautiful ocean (it was one of our reasons for going down). Sunday evening Breanne and Chris joined us to watch Extreme Home Makeover. They did a home here in the desert. It was fun to watch as our community built a beautiful new home and Learning Center for a very deserving family and their wildlife sanctuary! We ate pie and had fun with Wookie during the commercials. Bob and I went to bed early, both tired from the busy weekend.

So today I sit and rest a bit more and reflect on the fun of the weekend and see God in His care for us! Everyone is safely home. Bob is safely at work at a job that we are blessed he has! Our bills are paid. Our home is warm and my roses are ready to bloom! What more can we ask?!

No comments:

Post a Comment