Thursday, May 14

The best gift on Mother's Day is being a MOTHER!!!




Isn't life grand?! Look at those roses...so very beautiful! We came home from Vegas on Sunday to our home filled with vases in every room of beautiful bouquets of roses from my garden. Nicole and Breanne's gift to me for Mother's Day! What could be better? Well of course being home with them and my grands would have been the BEST but we stayed and relaxed by the pool all day. I missed spending Mother's Day with the two, now so grown up, women who made it possible and wonderful to be a Mom!

I love my girls more than any words could ever express! They are beautiful from the inside out! I am truly so blessed. Thank you Lord for them!

The roses in my garden are bursting forth in grandness. I haven't been able to really get out and see them this week but the evidence is all around me in visual and aroma therapy. The top picture is one I took from the top of a vase in the family room, the girls used to float some blooms in. It is a fun picture.


The picture at right is a beautiful red bouquet that is on my nook table. It is full of Mr. Lincoln roses in full bloom. It is now Thursday and they still look and smell wonderful! There is another vase of them, pictured above, on my dresser.


The white one's above are my favorite all time roses! They are Iceberg's. Years ago, before he passed away, my dad gave me three bushes of them. We tried to keep them when we moved but they did not make it so I was sure to plant more of them in my rose garden...a whole slope of them! Aren't they gorgeous?! I will take pictures when I can get out to them (I came home from Vegas in a bit of a flare) so you can see them as they cascade so beautifully down the slope. Oh dad I miss you!!!

<------ Yellow roses always make me think of my good and loving friends, it is the rose of friendship!

These pretty and oh so fragrant purple blooms are on my night table. I can smell them when I sleep :) -----> <------ And these beauties are sitting in my living room :)

So now you get to enjoy the roses I have in my house. Soon you can see what is blooming in my yard!! God is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. The Roses are Beautiful! That must have been a nice surprise to come home to, your roses in every room:) You have such sweet daughters! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete